Thursday, August 6, 2015

Insights from a week at sea

One thing I love about vacations is that the downtime allows me to clear my mind and open it to new ideas and realizations. Here are several from this past trip:

1. I can plan all I want, but I need to be flexible and open to unexpected opportunities. I just need to go with the flow.
2. I need to let go of the need to control so much. Sometimes, the most exhilarating experiences can be had just by letting go.
3. If something is important enough to me, I need to pursue it with determination. There will most likely be bumps in the road along the way, but I can't let them stop me. If it's really meant to happen, it will happen.
4. I have let Facebook and it's influence dominate my life too much and it's stressing me out. While I was at sea, I actually found it a bit of a relief to not have access to it.

After giving it some thought, I have decided to deactivate my Facebook presence for the time being. I'm not eliminating my social media presence altogether, as I will keep my Instagram and Twitter accounts, as they aren't the problem. Facebook is a big time-suck for me, so ridding myself  of it will free up a good chunk of my time to pursue more productive things. If any of my FB friends really want to stay in touch with me, there are always options like phone calls, texting, and emails.

Ultimately, I believe that I will be liberating myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment