Thursday, July 16, 2015

Directions, please!

At this point, I feel as if this chapter of my life is ending and a new one is about to begin. I have no clue where it will take me. I just hope I'm ready. 


The chapter that I'm closing out is what I call the divorce and aftermath chapter, which started when I made the decision to leave my now-ex and spans the period up until now.


Things are definitely shifting. Over the past nearly 18 months, much of my personal and spiritual growth has been about healing. I've now reached a point where this growth is becoming less and less about healing and more about expanding my horizons. It's a place I've never really been before. It's exciting and a bit scary.


While I do have a few general goals in mind for the next 2-3 years, I honestly don't have an overall direction for my life yet. There are some things that I would like to see happen, but whether or not they happen is mostly out of my control. There are those things that are in my control, but I don't yet have enough information to confidently make a good decision.


At this point, all I can do is to ask God for direction and trust that He'll give it to me when the time is right. I just need to keep an open mind to whatever He has in store for me.


A week from this Saturday, I will be getting on a cruise ship for a week of fun. I will make new friends. I will celebrate my birthday during that week. I will also be celebrating the beginning of this new chapter in my life story.

No comments:

Post a Comment