Tuesday, July 21, 2015

It's almost time to "Getaway"!

In my last post, I mentioned that I will be going on a cruise very soon and I'm so excited! The ship that I will be be going on is the Norwegian Getaway out of Miami and she looks to be a pretty awesome ship! Here's a link so you see it for yourself:

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway

One of the things that makes her unique among most other cruise ships is that she offers a cabin option called the Studio cabin, which is a cabin specifically designed for one person. If you're family with cruise ships and their pricing structure, for a single person not wishing to share their cabin, the cruse lines will charge a single supplement, which can make cruising really expensive for solo travellers. With the Studio cabins, there is no supplement, making it more affordable. For me, it was the least expensive option. I had cruised on NCL before and had really liked it, so I was in!

A plus that comes with the Studio cabins is the exclusive Studio Lounge connected to them. It's a way to help the solo travellers connect with each other. One hour each afternoon is set aside as the happy hour where a crew member will be present to organize dinner and show reservations for those singles who want to go as a group, as well as other singles activities.

I've already been in contact with some of the people who will be on the ship at the same time as I through a Roll Call thread on the Cruise Critic website: http://boards.cruisecritic.com. We plan on having a meetup on Sunday so that we can all meet in person. There are a wide variety of people that will be there, including another Aspie (someone who has Asperger's Syndrome) like myself. In the wild, I generally don't meet very many people who will come right out and admit that they have AS. I hope to talk more with him and compare notes and perhaps strike up a friendship. While I'm blessed to have a few good neurotypical friends and family who are very tolerant of my Aspie quirks, it would be nice to talk with someone who lives with it like I do and understands it from that perspective.

I hope I'll have time to share a little more of my excitement before I leave, but if I don't, I definitely will after I get home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment