Wednesday, July 22, 2015

"No expectations, no disappointments."

"No expectations, no disappointments" may very well become my new mantra.

Don't get me wrong--this doesn't apply to my life overall. I have been blessed in so many ways since I've been on my own again; I can't really complain. I've got a job that I like and that pays well, supportive family and friends, a great church, and a variety of hobbies and interests that keep me busy.

The one area of my life that has left me disappointed has been dating. Despite getting out there and socializing, I have not been asked out on one single date. Any attempts in approaching guys I'm interested in going out with have failed miserably, leaving me feeling hurt. I've done a lot over the past 1.5 years to improve myself and I believe that I have a lot to offer someone special, so why isn't anything happening? God only knows.

What's a girl to do?

Go live her life.

At this point, I have resolved to live my life as if nobody will show up. That's partially why I'm going on this cruise. I could wait for a man to take me on one, but with my luck, it might not happen. I don't want to be at the end of my life on this earth and regret that I didn't go on these types of adventures simply because I didn't want to travel alone. I won't be lonely (there will be nearly 4,000 people on this ship, not counting crew), but can spend time alone if I want to. I'm taking some of my favorite outfits, simply because they make me feel good when I wear them. I will not make myself up simply to impress the men, but because I take pride in how I look and want to feel beautiful and confident as I walk around the ship. This is my trip and I plan on making the most of it--my way.

With the men, there will be no expectations, therefore no disappointments. I won't avoid them, but I will guard my heart, not letting any of them get too close to me nor letting myself get too close to them right now. I just can't deal with any more  hurt. I want this vacation to be relaxing and fun, not filled with drama.

One thing I did decide to splurge on for this cruise is a pass to the ship's thermal spa. It'll be a great way to wind down after a workout or just to relax at any other time. It's supposed to be quiet and its out of the direct sun, so I don't have to worry so much about getting sunburned. Just looking at the pictures of this place starts to put me in a relaxed state. I can only imagine what I will feel like when I actually show up in person!


This link is a 360 view so you can see for yourself. :)

I'm headed towards Miami in less than 48 hours! Can't wait!










No comments:

Post a Comment